Who can benefit from Mevlana Exchange Program?
The students registrated in formal education programs at higher education institutions in Turkey(on condition that the higher education institutions signed a bilateral Mevlana Exchange Protocol) may benefit from Mevlana Exchange Program. Additionally, all academic staffs who work in a national or foreign higher education institution, on the condition that the higher education institutions signed a bilateral Mevlana Exchange Protocol, may benefit from Mevlana Exchange Program.
Application Requirements of Mevlana Exchange Program
In order to be a Mevlana Exchange Program student,
- The students must be studying at associate degree, bachelor degree, master degree or phd degree og higher education programs.
- Grade point average (GPA) of associate degree and undergraduate students must be at least 2,5 on four point scale.
- Grade point average (GPA) of graduate students (MA, Phd) must be at least 3.00 on four point scale.
- 50% language score + 50% GPA
- The students studying in their first year at associate or bachelor degree and the students of preparation classes and scientific preparation programs of graduate degrees can not participate in this program at their first semester.
How should a student, who has the requirements, can apply to the Mevlana Exchange Program?
The students may apply to the Mevlana Exchange Program unit of his/her university after filling the required forms properly.
How many times and how long can we participate in Mevlana Exchange Program?
Students may study abroad for one (minimum) or two (maximum) semesters. Semesters periods may be different considering the education systems but the total exchange period can not exceed one academic year. Academic staff also may participate in Mevlana Exchange Program. academic staff may lecture abroad from one week(minimum) to three months (maximum).
Do students have to pay any tuition fee when they participate in Mevlana Exchange Program?
Students do not pay any tuition fees to the host institution during the program, but they continue to pay the obligatory tuition fees to their home institutions. They do not pay any extra fee to the host institution within the scope of the exchange program.
Do the students who participate in the program repeat the courses/semesters taken at the host institution?
As the course(s) to be taken in the host institution are officially agreed to be counted in advance within the Learning Protocol, the students do not repeat any courses/ semesters when they return.